Monday, June 28, 2010

Who to blame?

So, England are officially out of the World Cup! I can't bliv it! I watched the match anticipating that the scoreline would be much tighter! Well, there has been some debate going around bout the disallowed goal for England which 'could' have changed the scoreline. To blame the referee or not? Maybe it wasnt his fault after all as the movement of the ball was too quick to be seen and the linesman wasnt at the right place at the right time. Perhaps the blame should go to FIFA for not introducing video technology.

 However, England as a team was not even playing to their peak. So, even if the goal was allowed, they cud've lost somehow. Personally, I think the strikers weren't helpful at all. Looking at other teams such as Argentina, Brazil and Spain, their main driving force comes from their strikers. In England, all I saw was them playing with 10 players instead of 11. WHY?! Becoz Wayne Rooney wasnt having any great shots on goal let alone scoring a goal. =.= Altho I like him a lot when he's playing for ManUtd, I've got to be honest on what I saw on the field. On the other hand, I'm beginning to respect players like Lampard and Gerrard. You can see that they played their best, making all the runs and trying everything they could to salvage the game.

So, this is it. The fact that England is out of the World Cup shall not shatter my World Cup mood. With no other teams that I support, I shall enjoy the beauty of the game and may the best team wins!

2 comments:

tahiburung said...

finally u realised gerrard is good =p

Ng Pei Jin said...

wtf..tahi burung pulak... i was wondering who is tahi burung..XDXD